Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Winter's Here


Yep, it's definitely winter. This may have been a horrible, horrible day for some but not for me. It snowed overnight. My husband woke me up before he left for work at 6:30 a.m. with the good news. At first I thought he was waking me because he was eager to tell me it snowed! Perhaps he's learned to love it as much as I do! But, no, he was just afraid I might need more time getting myself going this morning because of it. Such a worrier. Wasn't that nice of him? So I woke up a little earlier than I needed to since I already had my alarm set for 7:00 a.m. Thanks, dear . . . . More early morning minutes to spend outside playing with the dog. 



I still had to go out early but the roads really were not too bad. Everyone else seemed to be driving around in a crabby mood even though it was only a sprinkling of snow but I still had a stupid grin on my face. Even the tiniest bit of snow does that to me. 


I like showing you my little corner of the world . . . .


It's so pretty. What I really wanted to do was go Christmas shopping! But I was on my way to a doctor's appointment instead. Ugh. 



On the way back home I drove past the park to see if the path looked icy. Decided it might be a little too slippery (for me) to walk the dog today. 




So we stayed inside and sewed instead. The little Christmas tree block below was for last year's challenge in the Yahoo Small Quilt group and if you don't remember you can find it in the group files for 2014. I think mine's going to turn into a coaster soon. 


*  *  *

Yahoo and Facebook group people - If you're still thinking of participating in the red & white small quilt challenge, do not delay. Time's a wasting. The showing of little quilts in the groups will be on December 15. You still have almost two weeks to make something. Let's see your red & white quilts! I honestly almost wasn't going to make one because of all the things I have to do instead but the Christmas spirit got the better of me. Last night I picked out a pattern and then sewed up the top this snowy morning. Took me all of 2 hours. Sure, it's small and needs to be quilted but I think I'll be able to finish it by Dec 15. Hope to see some of yours too. If I can do it, you can too. It really does not take that long to make something small and, come the holidays, you'll be so glad you made even a little something.

Now that that top's done maybe I'll also have time to make a couple of cross-stitched pretties. Never did get around to making that Christmas Village from oh so many years ago . . . . That pattern's got to be 20 years old by now.   





7 comments:

The Civil War Quilter said...

Now I know where to wish all this winter's snow to since you love it and I hate it! :) Love the pix of your little red quilt. Anxious to see the finished quilt.

Connie said...

Snowed here this afternoon for a couple of hours but didn't amount to much. We like show too.

quiltgrannie said...

Kathy, love those cross stitch patterns!! I have a few too. It was a beautiful snow we had, I wanted to go Christmas shopping too but had other things to do. I'm looking forward to the reveal of the red and white quilts!!

Ruth said...

The cross stitch saints are so cute. I used to do cross stitching a lot and seeing those, makes me want to make some (for next year?) I love snow too, but where we live we might not get any. On Thanksgiving we could see Mt. Hood covered in snow though (not from the house, on our way to our sons house). It was gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Soo Happy everytime I see a new blog post from you. Follow you because my motherlaws neighbor had the same last name as you and from Kankakee County. But also because your minis and projects are beautiful.

Candee said...

We were so happy to see the snow too! It was so pretty sticking to the branches. Wish it could have stayed longer. It really felt Christmasy.

Jennifer M said...

I like the snow too Kathy. I love the feeling it gives me, fond childhood memories, and I love to look out the windows and see it falling so peacefully. I also love to bake and do hand work as it falls. Sledding is another fun time too: ) I want to do a Prairie Schooler Santa Christmas tree. I don't know when that will happen though...

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails