Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Small Quilt Lovers Unite!


To celebrate a love of small quilts, I started a Facebook group for those of us who are obsessed with making them. Some of you may be interested in joining. It's an offshoot of my Yahoo group -  Small Quilt Talk - which many of you are familiar with. It became obvious that, ever since Yahoo changed its format for groups, it was difficult to use it in the same way. Too many in the group had difficulty sharing and connecting with others, not to mention viewing photos of all the quilts we like to make. That's not what I call progress, Yahoo. 

The Facebook group is much more user friendly and allows you to view photos more easily, post comments and connect quickly with others who share the same interests. It's fast and fun. It will NOT replace the Yahoo group, however, where we will still gather together to do swaps, challenges and fabric and block exchanges. I like to think of it as an attachment to the "Mother" group where all the cool kids now hang out. (If you can call being my age, wearing bifocals and sewing quilts like an old granny "cool." No smoking to prove you're cool, okay?)


The group is called Small Quilt Lovers.  I hope to connect with some of you there!

Here's what we were chatting about today:  
                          
Kathleen Tracy's photo.

This little antique log cabin quilt I spotted at Quilt Festival a few weeks ago.

                                   

And, quilts like the one Marian made here, which is from a free pattern that's available on my website

I hope some of you will join us for a little small quilting fun on Facebook




10 comments:

Carole in Nebraska said...

I don't do Facebook either. Would you consider making it an open site that we could access from this blog? I used to follow "Behind My Red Door" blog which she discontinued but now has a sort of condensed version on Facebook which is available to all. I think there are a lot of us who would really appreciate it. Thanks.

gayle said...

I don't do Facebook either, so I'm glad the yahoo group will keep going. (Which I just found a couple of months ago, btw. I would be so disappointed if it disappeared right after I joined...)

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I just joined!

I'm so looking forward to seeing more minis. I love every time you post which isn't enough I have to say! I love the way you use fabrics and am anxious to finish up a few UFO's before I start cutting into mine to start making minis.

Sharon said...

YAY! So glad to find your facebook group!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

I'm new to Facebook (and most technology!) but this sounds like fun. Thanks for hosting it for everyone.

kmcallister said...

Glad you did this. I have been unable to get back into Yahoo Group for several months and feel like I have missed a lot. Now at least I can keep up with every one!

Nyla said...

That antique log cabin with lots of blue is really gorgeous! Did you buy it? That may be one I'll use for inspiration!

Annie Derks-Scholten said...

Hello, i'm from the Netherlands, so glad too you started this Facebook group. I love the small quilts.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm not on Facebook either. If you can make it an open site as Carole suggested, that would be great for those of us not on Facebook. Would there be a reason this wouldn't be a good idea? Thank you, and love all the small quilt inspiration ! Joy

Archeage Girl said...


Hey (•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑ I'm new here~~Play Archeage?Follow 2archeage

Buy Archeage Gold ------ Cheap Archeage Gold

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails