Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Small Quilt - Week 2

Hopefully some of you have chosen your fabric and cut the pieces for your blocks for the Crosses Mourning quilt in my book Prairie Children & Their Quilts. I had so much fun motivating you to begin this year of making small quilts that I decided to make this one right along with you. Since I already made the one in the book with nine blocks, I am making the smaller version of the quilt (with only 4 blocks) that I started on Saturday.


Week 2 (this week!) is the week you are supposed to piece your blocks together and so I am not going to get ahead of myself here. Yep, that's all I did  - took it kind of slow and just pieced these four blocks together in about an hour. This way I feel like I can do other things this week but I've still accomplished something here and am certain I will finish this one this month.  How about you? Small quilts are the easiest and most fun for me and, unless something dreadful comes along, this weekly schedule of doing just a little at a time should work out just fine.

Sometime next week we'll work on the sashing and borders and, before you know it, the quilt will be finished

Are you still with me??

5 comments:

Elyte said...

I have almost pieced my four blocks. Liking this slower pace. Trying to decide between two different sashings. Decisions, decisions, decisions.....

Marsha B said...

I was taking it slow, getting the blocks made on Sunday. Then, yesterday, I got the sashing and borders done. I posted a picture of the flimsy in my photo file at Small Quilt Talk. I have another big project I am working on so I will take my time and enjoy quilting the little one.

Cathie said...

Good morning,

I love little and dolls quilts . This challenge is perfect... I've just bought my first inches ruler this afternnon because in France we use centimeters .It will be easier...
I'll try to cut four blocks and piece thme before the end of the week end...
Thank you for this cute challenge
Cathie

Joann said...

I would love to make the quilts along with you but I am just starting out quilting and I haven't the fabrics, nor the book - hopefully I can join in later in the year, they are all so beautiful!

marian said...

Kathy, your blocks look great! My little one is basted and ready to quilt..my fave part :)

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails